Sunday 21 December 2008

kokonok: Let me introduce myself


Hi,
my name is Olga, or kokonok (in the virtual world).
Kokonok (russ.) means a tiny cocoon, this cosy name was invented by my sons, reflecting my love to fibers and probably some introversy :).
I am living in romantic Heidelberg (South Germany).

I grew up in Moscow, where I studied art and then biology, the latter being my main profession. I am working as a research stuff in academy, but every minute of my free time I dedicate to crafts, playing with jewelry making, silk painting, knitting, etc.
But it was before the FELT BUG got me...not kidding. Felting is my element...
Currently, I am exploring a couple of techniques:
- shibori felting, creating 3D structure using knots, etc during felting process,
-embellishment with seed beads and pearls,
- nunofelting,
-creating lace structure by cutting patterns,...

- "organic" direction that is in fact not linked to a certain technique. I mean works inspired by nature: floral patterns, etc.

















and, last but not least, vintage...








2 comments:

Split Rock Ranch said...

I was going to ask you what kokonok meant, thank you for sharing that! I LOVE your work. And thank you for inviting me to be a part of the Felting Team.

Bloomington Small Engine Repair said...

Hello nicee blog