Saturday 28 March 2009

I Am The FeltedChicken...

HI EVERYBODY!! I've been meaning to make my introduction, so here I am.

My name is Chrissy P. I live in Hollywood California, and yes, I work in the movie business. My day job is working as a scenic sculptor where I carve styro-foam Movie sets & Theme Park rides. It's pretty awesome....

BUT... Because of a bad ecomony & possible actor's strike, I haven't worked in about 10 months. So I kinda fell into felting to satisfy my artistic needs. I started by sewing felt gingerbread houses as cheap Christmas presents. This got me interested in working with felt as a medium, and the rest was history!!!!

I enjoy making 2 different types of things-

omg (re)GIFT BAG 2vanilla cupcake (re)GIFT BAG 2
abc 3octopus 1

I have an unnatural love for reusable tote bags & love to gift wrap stuff, so I combined these 2 into making reusable gift bags. I like to call them (re)GIFT BAGS (get it... cause you can regift them!!!) It's a waste to see those tacky paper gift bags get all trashed & then you can't regift them, but they still cost you like $5.


ChocoVanCupcake 3 3pastel 3
newblackwidow2tuna1

And been a sculptor by trade, I also enjoy needle-felting. Finding this technique was amazing, because I love to make stuffed animals, but am really bad at creating 3-d sewing patterns. It's like heaven!!! I get to sculpt stuffed animals out of fiber!!! Dream come true!!! I have also just recently been experimenting more with wet-felting & it is also super fun!

So that's about it, oh, except that I love to drink boxed wine & my favorite food is toast. I'm fairly new to the whole crafty community, so please check out my Etsy Shop & Crafty Blog.

I recently posted a really detailed Tutorial on How-To Felt Easter Eggs!!! It's a great project for big & small kids alike! Learn to wet-felt wool over traditional plastic Easter eggs!!!

Thanx Felting Team!!!

3 comments:

Chrissie said...

Hello, nice to meet you, thanks for posting! I loved your Easter Egg tutorial.

Unknown said...

hi good morn...
so glad I stumbled across your blog..

just beautiful...
cant wait to enjoy more of your posts...
mona & the girls
ps have a love for the fiber toooo

QueenHeronCreations said...

Felted Chicken is such an awesome name! It makes me giggle when I say it:)