Tuesday 7 April 2009

Hi everyone! I am new to blogs and etsy.

I guess I'll introduce myself, my name is Mary, I was born in Toronto, and have lived in Athens, Greece since I was 14. All my life I have been making things, sewing, knitting, and lots of different crafts.

I recently discovered and fell in love with felting, both wet and needle. I am self taught and love to explore all the possibilities there are with wool. I love the luxury of natural products, wool, silk, bamboo, linen, cotton, and leather. My esty shop is vanti designs ( www.vantidesigns.etsy.com) . Some of my favourite creations are :








I hope to make things people will love. Designing is something I do all day, whether on paper or in my head. My inspiration comes from the world around me, people, places, and nature.

There are many new projects that I am currently working on, among them are a few silver rings and pendants and a few handbags. My shop will include these in the near future, and I hope you will enjoy my new felts as well.

This is a wonderful way for us to share ideas, as many have contributed to teaching others on the internet I will try to do my part and help with more blogging :)

Happy felting!



4 comments:

ElenaMakesThings said...

Nice to meet you Mary! Your work is beautiful :)

vanti designs said...

Thank you Elena:) I saw your web site and love your work as well!
I love the pomegrante, it's always been a favourite subject, in Greece it symbolises luck, great work!

NotSoShabbyChic said...

Welcome!!! I am a fellow needle felter here on Etsy and the blog.

And I also love your beads -- very unique!!! :D

vanti designs said...

Thank you! I have been admiring your veryyyyyy cute creations as well. I am a little like u in a way that i like making different things. Right now i am making some handbags and silver jewellery so i can have them up on my etsy shop as well. lolol right now i am in the middle of each project but i like the variety.
Have a great day!
Mary
ps have a look at my flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/vantidesigns-mary/